Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Moving On

Last week, after a magical year in Sausalito, we packed up and moved south across the Golden Gate Bridge to the city. Like many moves, this one came with mixed feelings. We love our new place in San Francisco, but we already miss our sleepy little town. I miss seeing the sun creep up over Angel Island as I get ready for work, turning the bay from silver to gold. And I miss watching the the evening fog spill over the headlands, tumbling down the steep green hills and getting tangled in the trees above our house. But I don't miss spending $4/gallon on gas and filling up the car every week!

2 comments:

seven smiles said...

Your sunrises sound sublime.
I miss California...
Have fun in the city :)

Susanna said...

Paulie, do you have any pictures of your new place? I mean you've had a week now to make it look like a Pottery Barn ad. How do you expect us to want to move there if we don't know what our new house looks like. You did mean move in with you guys right?