Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sam Meets More of the Tribe

We took Sam to Utah for Easter Sunday, where he met  dozens of Florences: grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles, and aunts.  Oh, and cousins.  Lots and lots of cousins!
Four generations of Florence boys: From left, Giles Jr. (Papa), Giles Sr. (Grandpa), Paul, and Sam.
Abby and Sam.  I love this picture.  I used to baby-sit Abby when she was this age, and now she's holding little Sam.  
Did I mention cousins?  They couldn't wait to hold him (except Henry, who can be seen in the background, sneaking Easter candy). 

Check out Peter's strong move above, and the look in Abby's eye as she sees what he's up to.

Undaunted by Abby's rejection, Peter plots his next move. 

6 comments:

seven smiles said...

Oh man. I love those pics.
Four generation picture--so awesome! (& makes me miss Grandpa.)
I love the way Abby is looking at Sam. (That new little sis coming will have some tender-loving care. She's at such a great age for it.) How fun to be home for Easter.

Susanna said...

It's amazing to see him in context of the other cousins, because he's by far the smallest--of course--but he's already getting big. He's a chunky strong little baby already! Where did that little newborn I met go??

I can't wait to see you guys. It's already been too long!

Randi said...

Thanks for mentioning our side of the family.

Elizabeth said...

Paul, you know I love you, but I think "baby-sit" is a strong word for what you did for Abby at that age. While I was in labor with Isaac, I knew I had a tight window. I had to get him out before you had to change a diaper. Talk about pressure.

Love the pics though. It's so fun to see those cousins together.

Dave and Leslie said...

Sam looks like a stud, guys. Strong work.

Anna said...

Hi Paul,

So, Kim sent me the link to your blog. "It's Paul's blog; I don't have anything to do with it, but there are a bunch of Sam pictures on it." She'll give in to the blogging bug one of these days...

It's nice to catch up with you, if only electronically. I like your ode to Stegner. He's one of my favorite authors. I just finished All the Little Live Things. I wept through the final chapters.

I hope you are surviving the black hole that most new parents seem to exist in for the first three months. Lots of fun; not much sleep.

Hope to meet up with you again one of these days.

Anna

P.S. Don't tell Kim that I also have a blog. I don't want her to think less of me.